The AYA flagship Nº 1 shotgun is synonymous with craftsmanship and traditional style. First introduced by the Spanish gunmaker in the 1950s, the prized side-by-side has all the hallmarks of a best English game gun.
Distributed exclusively in the UK by Anglo Spanish Imports (A.S.I), the hand-built double-trigger sidelock is designed specifically for British tastes and offers an affordable alternative to its London-made counterparts.
Weighing approximately 6¾lb, AYA’s Nº 1 is modelled closely on a classic Holland & Holland with detachable locks, articulated front trigger and optional self-opener. The Nº 1 is engraved in classic Purdey-style rose-and-scroll and is stocked in top-grade walnut. The double-trigger sidelock comes with fixed-choke 28in chopper lump barrels as standard but other lengths are available to order.
The Nº 1 is also available in an eye-catching ‘de Luxe’ version, which features exhibition-grade walnut and bold foliate scroll engraving, similar to Holland & Holland’s famous style. Engraved and finished in England by British craftsmen, the peerless Nº 1 ‘de Luxe’ is widely regarded as one of the most attractive shotguns available today at any price.
Product Features include:
- Side by Side hammerless sidelock shotgun.
- Forged steel action with double locking mechanism and gas vents.
- Hardened steel intercepting safety sears.
- Gold washed internal lock parts.
- Gold lined cocking indicators.
- Double trigger with hinged front trigger.
- Optional selective or non-selective single trigger.
- Concave Rib.
- Straight hand, finely chequered and oil finished highly figured walnut stock.
- Wood grade special.
- Best English bold foliate engraving.
- Initial Oval.
- Automatic Safety.
- Old silver finish action.
- Available in 12, 16, 20, 28 & .410 bore.
The AYA Nº 1 ‘de Luxe’ Round Action Shotgun available from £28,067 inc VAT.